Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Introduction

Well here's the first posting of the People's Sports Blog. It's taken me long enough to start writing a sports blog, far too long in fact. Might as well start out with a brief introduction of myself and this blog.

I'm saddled with the burden of being a Philadelphia sports fan, so if I ever come out as depressed, well there's why. That said, I promise to do my best not to spend all my time whining about how we haven't won a title since '83 and things haven't been looking up lately. No one needs to hear more of that. I'm a big NFL and baseball fan, but I consider myself an NBA guy first and foremost. I love football and baseball, but, put it this way, I spent way more time than is normal searching the internet for NBA Summer League scores last summer.

Don't get the idea that this is going to be a cut-and-dry boring blog. I like to think of myself as in the Bill Simmons model. For example, I found the Michael Vick dogfighting story way too funny. While everyone else was going on about cruel treatment to animals, I praised him for attempting to breed the perfect dog. If you thought that was funny, you'll enjoy this blog. If you found that offensive, well you might still like it, but seriously, lighten up.

No comments: